I study motivation, emotion, and self-regulation across adulthood. Specifically, I am interested in how the way people think and feel about their activities, about other people, and about their own emotions is impacted by how these are represented within goal systems. Moreover, I am interested in how negative affect and failure experiences impact subsequent motivation. Finally, I take a developmental perspective on these research questions, assuming that, as a consequence of experiences and resource restrictions, motivation and self-regulation change across adulthood.
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Health Psychology
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Freund, A. M., & Hennecke, M. (2011). Changing eating behavior vs. losing weight: The role of goal focus for weight loss in overweight women. Psychology and Health, 27, 25-42.
- Freund, A. M., Hennecke, M., & Riediger, M. (2010). Age-related differences in outcome and process goal focus. European Journal of Developmental Psychology, 7, 198-222.
- Hennecke, M., & Freund, A. M. (2010). Staying on and getting back on the wagon: Age-related improvement in self-regulation during a low-calorie diet. Psychology and Aging, 25, 876-885.
- Thoma, P., Hennecke, M., Mandok, T., Bruene, M., Juckel, G, & Daum, I. (2009). Proverb comprehension impairments in schizophrenia are related to executive dysfunction. Psychiatry Research, 170, 132-139.
- Freund, A. M., & Hennecke, M. (2012). Lebensgestaltung im höheren Alter [Shaping one’s life in old age]. In H.-W. Wahl, C. Tesch-Römer, & J. P. Ziegelmann (Eds.), Angewandte Gerontologie: Interventionen für ein gutes Altern in 100 Schlüsselbegriffen [Applied Gerontology: Interventions for a good aging in 100 keywords]. Stuttgart, Germany: Kohlhammer.
- Freund, A. M., Hennecke, M., & Mustafic, M. (2012). On gains and losses, means and ends: Goal orientation and goal focus across adulthood. In R. Ryan (Ed.), Oxford Handbook of Motivation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Communication and Negotiation
- Methods of Experimental Psychology
- Social Cognition Research
Department of Psychology
University of Zurich
- Phone: +41 (44) 635-7508
- Skype Name: marie.hennecke